Tuesday, July 20, 2010

WRITERS - TRY THIS ~ "I WRITE LIKE"

A web site will analyze a sample of your writing, looking at sentence structure and such, then give a report that compares your work to the work of other authors, both current and classic! Try it for your blog, your business web copy, or your favorite personal prose.

Test your own writing at this link >  IWriteLike.me

HOW IT WORKS (By the program author) 
“Actually, the algorithm is not a rocket science, and you can find it on every computer today. It’s a Bayesian classifier, which is widely used to fight spam on the Internet. Take for example the “Mark as spam” button in Gmail or Outlook. When you receive a message that you think is spam, you click this button, and the internal database gets trained to recognize future messages similar to this one as spam. This is basically how “I Write Like” works on my side: I feed it with “Frankenstein” and tell it, “This is Mary Shelley. Recognize works similar to this as Mary Shelley.” Of course, the algorithm is slightly different from the one used to detect spam, because it takes into account more stylistic features of the text, such as the number of words in sentences, the number of commas, semicolons, and whether the sentence is a direct speech or a quotation.”

Here is my result:


I write like
Dan Brown
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



More Power To YOU!

Personal Power ~ Spirit Power
Your Spirit Word Coach
www.SpiritWordToday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment