Tuesday, July 13, 2010

IF IT REALLY MATTERS TO YOU... I AM...

Some people really want to know where I am coming from.


What do I mean when I refer to UNIVERSE or GOD or THE GREAT SPIRIT...    


By now I hope you know I make a large distinction between SPIRITUAL and RELIGIOUS.  I AM NOT RELIGIOUS. I am NOT  much interested in CHURCHY things.   


I AM, a follower of Jesus Christ  - but probably not the Christ you have been told about...  


The Christ presented in most churches was created by years and years of intellectualized explanation to serve control oriented and manipulative agendas (IMHO). 


Yes, I was powerfully shaped by a non-denominational Judeo-Christian upbringing, and the basic underpinnings of that work for me.  But the wisdom teaching and HOLY BLUEPRINT of the Christian Bible have been explained into something by organized religion that is just not my cup of tea.


I am also informed by at least some concepts and teachings and theories of Alan W Watts, Abraham Maslow, Carl Jung, Joseph Campbell, Several Catholic Saints, including St John of the Cross, other Christian Mystics and Protestant Teachers, as well as MANY other great thinkers, explorers, and explainers from inside and outside more traditional realms of  spirit, divinity, psychology, science, and the study of leadership.  


I KNOW a LIVING Christ, who is confined to neither musty old buildings, nor found in grand mega churches, nor seen in dead traditions, nor honored by empty works of good service for the purpose of doing good (ego competition).  


My Christ builds a church of Living Stones.  The Family of Christ IS The Church.  We are a royal priesthood, called to love one another and serve one another according to our gifts.  I can do that without getting hung up on one group or building.   


I am a VERY disenchanted "Christian" if you take that word to mean what it mostly means in the media and popular culture today.   I have no use for dead tradition, dysfunctional groups, or narcissistic leaders.  Nor do I think much of how politicized the idea of "Christianity" has become.  But I do think spirit aware people should definitely live out their faith in the offices of political service!  But never mind - that is another whole discussion...


Where that leaves me is what you read here...  I am a powerful spiritual being who has a personal relationship with GOD as I understand him.  I am not confused, nor lost.  I have such a powerful and personal relationship with Christ that I can claim the divinity he offers to me and to you.  I AM transformed into A CHRIST, who can forgive others.  I can bring love to bear to transform others from a condition of defeat to a position of CREATIVE POWER.  


It is CHRIST, who is part of the TRIUNE GODHEAD, who informs, fuels, teaches truths that power all that I do.  It is the person of the Holy Spirit I look to for wisdom and help in my work.  I AM - filled with spirit and primed for service!    


I won't force my God on you - but once you know me, you might want to hear more about my "compact with God" as Norman Lear phrased it.  

More Power To YOU!

Personal Power ~ Spirit Power
Your Spirit Word Coach
www.SpiritWordToday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment