Monday, July 12, 2010

A Working Theology

Everybody wants to know, as soon as you start talking about SPIRIT, SPIRITUAL, and SPIRITUALITY, what that means.


These things mean many things to many people.   I will work with most any of the meanings, in a conversation, but just for the record, here is my core approach to theology:


I may use the words God, CREATOR, THE CREATOR, GREAT SPIRIT interchangably.  I may tend to use masculine pronouns from habit, but I know absolutely and beyond a shadow of a doubt that the feminine is a component of God whose expression is different, but whose value is equal to the masculine components in EVERY way.

I KNOW that GOD IS.   There is a CREATOR, an intelligent, loving mastermind being desiring nothing but good and in complete control except where he has delegated free will to the Human Spirit.  Can you comprehend how much ground the idea of free will covers?  Most humans cannot, and yet they think they can explain God.  This is the absurdity that drives religion, and at the same time, the flaw that wrecks it.


Since I believe THE CREATOR is beyond understanding, I also believe it is an error to attempt it.  He won't fit within our heads.  He is too big.  I won't explain GOD.


What I will do is observe and comment on THE ACTS OF THE CREATOR and enjoy THE PERSON OF THE CREATOR AS REVEALED BY OUR UNDERSTANDING OF HIS INTENT.  The existence of such a BEing is evident in both the order of things, and in the obviously miraculous.


Everything else that can be said about God is probably true in part, or at times, but is also most likely a partial picture due to the limitation of the human mind to understand these things.



Personal Power ~ Spirit Power To You!
Your Spirit Word Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment